The word accessory will often bring to mind an array of add-ons that women use such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings and the like. Despite the association, accessories are not exclusively for women. Not many men realize that they too make use of such items. In fact, there are many items that are considered men’s accessories.
- Watch- The most well-known among men’s accessories, this is a classic piece that not only adds style but is functional as well. Watches come in an array of designs ranging from sporty to dressy.
- Neckties and Bowties- Any man who works in a corporate setting or attends formal gatherings will need a few of these. A vital part of the suit, these can make a difference on the entire look.
- Cufflinks- A quintessential accessory when it comes to formal dressing, this is vital for anyone wearing a dress shirt. Used to secure the cuffs of a sleeve, these come in a variety of designs and types.
- Tie Clips- Also known as tie bars, these nifty little pins are used to secure the extended portion of a necktie to the shirt. This prevents it from getting in the way or moving out of place. There is a wide range of designs available for these.
- Wallets- For a lot of men wallets aren’t just money bags, but a part of their wardrobe as well. Important because of what it holds and what it represents, every man needs a good wallet.
- Pocket Squares- While most men’s accessories have a functional side to them, this is one item that merely serves an aesthetic purpose. This small piece of cloth is tucked into a coat or sport jacket for a polished look. It also allows you to change your look without buying a new suit.
- Lapel Pin- Often used to show affiliation with certain organizations or groups, lapel pins have come a long way. Many pins today are used simply for ornament or to jazz up an outfit. Ornamental lapel pins range from engraved monograms to chained pins.
- Money Clips- For men who do not want to tote a wallet around with them or for days when an outfit does not have pockets a money clip is in order. This small and compact clip will hold credit cards and bill together and can be attached discretely to clothing.
- Belts- Aside from holding up pants, belts have become a way to add variety and style to men’s clothing. A lot of men today take their belts to another level by making use of personalized buckles.
- Handkerchief- Although not a lot of men carry these around with them anymore, some still find hankies to be an essential accessory. In fact, many may carry it for style more than function.
Aside from these ten items, there are many more men’s accessories to be found. All of these can help put together an outfit and serve a special function as well. The next time that you step out the door don’t forget to accessorize to complete your look.
Author Bio: When she isn’t busy writing about men and women’s fashion trends, Regina enjoys doing sports, walking her dog and checking new accessories available at Ties’n’Cuffs.
Words By Regina Due