So let’s face it, we all can’t be Wolfgang Puck in the kitchen but we can fake it until we make it!
With that being said, here are 6 quick recipes that are fulfilling and so simple that almost no one can ruin them!
One Pot Chicken Lo Mein
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 – 13.25 to 16 oz. box of linguini or fettuccini pasta, broken in half (I used whole wheat)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut in thin 3 inch long strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in thin 3 inch long strips
- 1 bunch green onions, white part sliced and green part cut in 3 inch long strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add the chicken, then the pasta, then the remaining ingredients to a large stockpot and cover. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until most of the liquid is gone and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the lid and let the dish rest for 5 minutes before serving.