1. What is your biggest accomplishment and/or what are you most proud of these days?
My biggest accomplishment would have to be my recent project, HSN. I say this because of the backstory behind this project. I met an Italian DJ/producer, who happens to be female, through Facebook. After a few email exchanges, we decided to work together. The result was HSN. Now the story may end there for a lot of female independent artist, but not for me. I believed in this project so much that I went to Italy and recorded a video there with her and Tayma (another Italian artist). Just having to take the initiative, alone, to carry my passion overseas on MY DIME, to me, is a huge accomplishment. Not to mention this is a female led, produced, written, funded and recorded project. That particular combination, Italian/American, Female Producer/Female Songwriter/Female Artist/, Female funded, anyway you slice it up, it is rare and special. This leads me to what I am proud of most days…it would have to be the successful transition to the dance/pop world. It has always been a LOVE of mine and now with genres of music being more blurred than ever, I am more accepted in the EDM world. I can really say I did it MY WAY!
2. Go back 5 years, what did you think you would be doing now when you were planning ahead and did you achieve whatever goals you had or did you surpass them or is this completely different than what you were thinking?
Five years ago I say myself doing exactly what I am doing now but on a much bigger scale. So if you look at it one way, I have not “entirely” achieved my goals, but the fact that I am still on the path speaks volumes. Having said that, I NEVER thought I would be working with an Italian Female Producer, so that is pretty cool. So you take the good with the bad and keep it moving…eventually your goals will catch up with your reality.
3. It seems as if you already do so much, but is there anything you haven’t done yet that you’d like to do and if there is, what is it and are there any plans to venture into it?
I would like to take my show, Clubesque, to the next level. Being a one woman show, it is hard to realize everything at once, but I was BORN a performer. At the core of everything I do, a stage is involved. I have just submitted my project to Kickstarter in an effort to gain the funding I need to make this a reality. I want to find this incredible cabaret show a home and eventually take this show on the road. If all goes well, you will be able to catch this show as early as July 2014 in either Miami, FL or Atlanta, GA.
4. What is the lifelong goal for Sunni Stephens? What is Sunni Stephens doing in 15 years?
In 15 years, Sunni Stephens is touring with her show, Clubesque. She has two spin-off shows touring as well…capitalizing off the brand. She has released at leaf 3 more albums, including one live CD. She has also crossed into the TV industry producing sitcoms and possibly a feature film. She spends her summers in Italy where she maintains a villa and her winters touring the globe.
5. Is there anything that you’ve done that if you could do over again, you’d do differently? If so, what is it and why?
I would have to say “no” to that question…because everything I’ve done makes me everything I am…and I wouldn’t change ME for the world!