Perhaps the only thing more awaited than the release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is Meredith Quinn’s Awesome Mix Vol. 2.
Now we can all breathe a sigh of relief… Marvel Studios has revealed the songs that will be on the coveted mix tape.
In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1, Star Lord’s infectious 70’s tunes became synonymous with the characters, story line, and action-packed moments.
Revealed in an interview with Rolling Stone, director James Gunn was told by Marvel Studios, “Nobody is going to want to hear this music.” Thankfully, Gunn was able to convince the studio and ultimately it paid off. The Guardians Vol. 1 soundtrack rose to the #1 spot on Billboards Top 200.
- “Mr. Blue Sky” – Electric Light Orchestra
- “Fox on the Run” – Sweet
- “Lake Shore Drive” – Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
- “The Chain” – Fleetwood Mac
- “Bring It On Home to Me” – Sam Cooke
- “Southern Nights” – Glen Campbell
- “My Sweet Lord” – George Harrison
- “Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl)” – Looking Glass
- “Come a Little Bit Closer” – Jay and the Americans
- “Wham Bam Shang-a-Lang” – Silver
- “Surrender” – Cheap Trick
- “Father and Son” – Cat Stevens
- “Flash Light” – Parliament
- “Guardians Inferno” – The Sneepers ft. David Hasselhoff
Get ready to dance and succumb to pelvic sorcery, as Gamora would put it.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 flies into theaters May 5th, and Awesome Mix Vol. 2 lands onto shelves (or iTunes) on April 21st.