Thanksgiving just passed and Christmas is right around the corner. ‘Tis the season for eating, partying and slacking on your fitness goals. Don’t worry it’s not too late to get back on track. Here are some tips to help take advantage of the winter weather and stay fit.
Bombshell’s Holiday Fitness Tips:
1. For holiday shopping, always take the stairs and park far from the mall entrance. Extra steps are great ways to get some extra exercise in.
2. Never leave the house hungry when doing your holiday errands. Your hungry will cause you to get tempted by mall food courts and fast food restaurants.
3.Set goals and create a fitness schedule. Cold weather causes laziness and the best way to stay on track is committing to a schedule.
4. Step up your cardio. Added duration and intensity will help burn those extra holiday calories. Try exercises like burpees, sprints, jumping jacks, or even the jump rope.
5. Enjoy the snow and get fit. Ice Skating and skiing are some great ways to have some fun and stay in shape during the winter.
6. Purchase your New Years dress early and keep it hung in a place that you will always see it. Set festive fitness goals for motivation, like toned arms for your dress.
7. During the holidays we tend to increase the amount of alcohol we drink. Remember to also increase your water intake. Alcohol is dehydrating and can wreck havoc on your skin and fitness goals.
8. Put a dollar in a jar every time you work out. Save the money to buy yourself something special.
You will indulge over the holidays, but always remember your fitness goals!