Mr. Obsessive Vol.2
“If you’re not excited about it, why is it a talking point,” I said to Bleu Publisher, De’Von Christopher during a visit to the Geneva Watch Group showroom. After viewing all their spring offerings It got me thinking about the importance of excitement. The most brilliant creations are the ones that the artist is on fire for. Without passion nothing worth remembering will ever be created. This week’s obsessions are forged in the fires of genius and constructed to energize the soul.
- The Faux Crocodile t-shirt: I first met New York Based designer, Jerri Reid at a party during fashion week. Upon viewing his look book I was excited to see his rich designs. Originally focusing on women’s wear Reid has expanded to include men’s pieces as well. His Long sleeve faux crocodile shirt is to die for. I believe rich textures make items feel expensive and authentic. On his site for a retail value of $83. This shirt is sure to be a must have in any man’s closet this season.
- Americas Got Talent: I love TV. That’s my thing you give me a plot and I am there. I don’t get too excited about reality TV, but there is something about America’s Got Talent. I love the idea of people chasing a dream even if they if they fail it is the act of trying that I respect. Speaking of chasing a dream the auditions have begun and any interested parties should see the link below to sign up.Open to acts of any age and any talent, auditions for Season 9 of America’s Got Talent begin next month. For information on open call and online auditions for Season 9, please visit http://www.AGTAuditions.com/
- Sperry Top- Sider Women Hayden Collection: My parents raised me on the concept of respecting people’s time. So wearing a watch comes natural. May be you have a difficult time managing your schedule, well my friends especially my lady friends look alive for Sperry’s Women Hayden collection. The retailer, famous for their boat shoes released a collection of watches that perfect for the lady in your life. My personal favorite from this line boast a blue and green tartan band, Roman numeral dials, and a round gold face to provide a boyfriend feel. This item is going to make this a holiday season to remember.
- Everything Robert Glasper: RnB has been a little flat for me lately, so the minute I heard the latest pairings of Robert Glasper and Jill Scott on their song “Calls,” life was received. Glasper’s ability to pair vivid instrumentation with the crisp vocals of soul’s disciples is transcendent. I would liken this body of work to a more laser focused version of Red Star Sounds Vol.1. If you haven’t have heard the Grammy award winning Black Radio, please consider getting better knowledge on the matter. I have written enough you can purchase Black Radio on itunes now and the follow up featuring the lead Single “Calls,” with Jill Scott drops October 29th.
- Volcanica Candles – I’ve never cared for candles, but their calming effect is undeniable. As I settle into the concept of adulthood and shudder at the thought of Pottery Barn, I realize that the right candle can make or break your day. Incense are cool but the right candle will illumine, freshen and warm your space. Volcancia does just that with their seasonal candles. Beyond smelling amazing they possess a aesthetic that is both refreshing and sublime.