There is power in muted behavior. The ability to fly under the radar and pervade hearts is invaluable. This week’s obsessions are all silent, yet striking items or people. Each manages to make noise through existence rather than vocalization. I could keep writing, but I will let you see for yourself.
- The Comeback Kids: Something is in the water because November has brought a number of musical talents back. First Canadian Rocker, Fefe Dobson returns with her new single “Legacy.” Staying true to her musical trajectory, Dobson is back with a vengeance. British imports Little Mix return with their new album Salute. The rambunctious quartet appears intent to upholding the legacy of TLC. Finally we have Lily Allen, who dropped her new single “Hard out here.” Hard is snappy pop song that dissects the current state of pop music. While some are not pleased with her approach, the infectious beat is undeniable.
- Sleepy Hollow: What do you get when you take the buddy centric energy of the X-Files and cross it with the freaky hi-jinx of Supernatural? I”ll tell you! A damn a great show. Honestly, I didn’t know what to expect from the program, however it has manage to peak my interest and resonate with audiences. The show is doing so well that Fox has already ordered season two. Starring Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie, the show is proof that scripted television is alive and kicking. Catch Sleepy Hollow on Fox at 9pm on Mondays.
- Marvin Humes Style: The former JLS member has transitioned into his role of family man nicely. Since his nuptials with The Saturdays’ Rochelle Wiseman (now Humes), Marvin has become quite sartorialist. Well-dressed men are nothing new, however anyone who knows the new Ms.Humes is well aware that she is no slouch when it comes to style. Marvin has a cozy niche of complimenting his wife ,while accomplishing two things. A. Looking like a man and B. preserving his own style instincts. Humes is certainly a guy Team Bleu will watch out for during London fashion week.
- Flips: “Solo 2 social,” is the mantra of Flips Audio latest headphones. This hybrid combines the privacy of headphones and the party of speakers. Geared toward the gym, I have found that this chameleon fits my day-to-day activities just fine. The speaker function may have a tad more juice than the headphones but the clarity is the sale for me. The headphones do a great job of balancing out tones, so the listener enjoys a clear and even sound that is not overwhelmed by bass. My favorite aspect of the new flips is the noise canceling. Retail Price: $120.00
- Hush Puppies monk strap: Modern manhood is defined by this flipping shoe! If there is one men’s trend that I would have to forecast longevity, it is the monk strap. The magic of Hush Puppies take on this shoe is the comfort the brand has long been associated with and the wine color. I am pressed liked a set of acrylic nails for this shoe. The Hush Puppies monk strap is a must have for everyman’s closet. You can purchase these shoes and others when you visit www.hushpuppies.com .Retail Price: $135.00