SLEEP NUMBER TEAMS UP WITH KID ACTOR MILES BROWN TO REDUCE NATIONAL SLEEP DEBT
Sleep Number, the sleep innovation leader whose mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences, announced today a call to action for parents to reduce the number of hours children lose to poor sleep – a notion they have termed the National Sleep Debt – by visiting www.sleepnumber.com/sleepdebt.
In the company’s first-ever Public Sleep Announcement (PSA) featuring hip-hop dancer and actor Miles Brown it is revealed that an estimated 69 percent of kids have at least one sleep related problem a few nights each week – be it the inability to fall asleep or stay asleep, talking or walking during sleep, snoring, or even nightmares. The PSA goes on to state that kids 10-years-of-age or younger do not get the recommended 10 hours of sleep nightly that allows them to perform at their best in school, sports, and other activities.
To help kids achieve optimal sleep, experts suggest parents develop age-appropriate bedtime routines with kids and stick to them even on weekends. Additionally, parents should consider monitoring their kids sleep via a noninvasive sleep tracker such as the one found in the award-winning SleepIQ Kids bed.
ABOUT SLEEPIQ KIDS:
Available in Twin, Full or Queen sizes, the SleepIQ Kids bed is the only bed in the world that adjusts with children as they grow. Using effortless technology, it combines individualized sleep knowledge and adjustability to empower parents and children to achieve their best possible sleep. There’s nothing to wear or turn on. All kids have to do is sleep.
The SleepIQ Kids bed features eight smart solutions that improve sleep for both parents and children:
- Family Connected, Sleep PerfectedSM: The SleepIQ® technology dashboard lets you see how the whole family is sleeping. Powered by Bam® Labs, SleepIQ tracks your sleep and helps you optimize it.
- Know the comfort they’re getting: The bed adjusts and grows with them; they can adjust the firmness of the bed for comfort and support – their Sleep Number setting.
- Lifts them up when they’re down: Head-tilt feature is for reading in bed or comforting stuffy heads.
- No more kiddos jumping out of bed: Alerts you when your child is out of bed or restless.
- Stars for young dreamers: Make bedtime fun again with rewards for good sleep.
- Night bright, night light: You can turn lights off remotely – when they’re sleeping tight.
- Twinkle, tinkle: Soft under-bed light guides them when they get up during the night.
- Monsters be gone!: Sleepyheads rest easy with a fearless monster detector.