With halfway through the NBA season done, stars and superstars made their marks on wanting to win the MVP. Teams such as the Warriors, Grizzlies, Trail Blazers, Raptors, Wizards, Hawks etc have players that established themselves in the conversation. There are five players around the league to lookout for in the next half of the season.
- Stephen Curry is the odds on favorite to win the MVP averaging 23.6 points, 8 assists and 5 rebounds. While the Warriors are the number one seed in the West, his consistence, quick shooting, passing and ability to take over a game separates himself from the other point guards and candidates.
- James Harden is leading the league in scoring averaging 27 points. The Rockets throughout the year have Dwight Howard in and out of the lineup, but Harden’s all around offensive game combined with his playmaking abilities is willing the Rockets to the third seed in the West.
- Jeff Teague is currently leading the surprising Hawks to a 41-9 record in the East. Although the Hawks play as a team with Korver, Holford, Millsap and Carroll contributing to the wins, Teague’s underrating performance and being a leader is making them a legit title contender in the East.
- Marc Gasol is the leading the Grizzlies in scoring and blocking. The team is currently in 2nd in the West and his defensive presence on the floor combined with his offensive game is establishing himself as not only one of the best centers in the game, but a big part of what the Grizzlies can do in the playoffs.
- Lebron James coming back from his two weeks absence is elevating the Cavaliers in the East. Even with the additions of Iman Shumpert and J.R Smith along with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love playing well, James playing the point, setting the tone and being healthy than he was early in the season is putting him back into the MVP conversation.