Guys stay in this weekend and cook this amazing Japanese style baby back ribs for your friends or significant other.
1lb (400g) baby back ribs
1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
5 tbsp sake
For the marinade:
¼ onion, grated
1 garlic clove, grated
⅓ cup red wine
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp salt
Pinch of black pepper
- In a ziploc bag, add all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add pork ribs, seal and refrigerate for an hour.
- In a large pan over low heat, add oil and turn the heat up to medium. Add ribs and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- When the pork is golden brown, lower heat to low and add sake. Cover and simmer on low for an hour.
- Stir once in a while and flip them over, if the ribs are beginning to char, add 2 tbsp sake.
- Raise heat to high and cook until liquid is gone.
- Serve warm.